Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A great summer salad. My family loves this! When it is BBQing season we make it alot. You can change the amount of peppers or omit one(not a fan of green pepper) and add more of the peppers you like. I usually play with the oil and vinegar mixture to suit my taste. This is also better when it sits for awhile.
- 1 (16 ounce) box orzo pasta
- 1⁄3 cup green pepper
- 1⁄3 cup yellow pepper
- 1⁄3 cup red pepper
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup red onion
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup packaged sun-dried tomato
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 (4 ounce) package feta cheese
- Cook orzo for 7 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Add peppers, onion and sundried tomatoes to the orzo pasta and mix well.
- Add oil and gradually add in the vinegar. Use your discretion if you want to add the entire 1/2 cup of vinegar.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill for at least 1 hour.
- Fold in feta cheese right before serving.
I love the versatility of this salad. Added fresh tomatoes and zucchini. Orzo works so well. Love it with goat cheese.
Thanks for posting!
YUMMY! This salad is delicious and will serve well for a few lunches. I used red, yellow and orange peppers (don't like the green ones!) and rehydrated sundried tomatoes but would use the ones packed in oil next time. This is great! Made for Went to the Market tag game. Thanks Ck2plz! :)
This is *absolutely wonderful* and is now in my salad rotation list for my outdoor cooking meals. I omitted the salt and pepper and used the full amount of olive oil and wine vinegar mixture and it was perfect :) Thanks for posting. *Made for Spring 2010 PAC*