Grilled Skirt Steak With Orzo Pasta Salad
photo by Mike McCarthy
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs skirt steaks
- extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper
Orzo Pasta Salad
- 2 cups orzo pasta
- 1⁄2 red onion, finely diced
- 1 cucumber, finely diced
- 16 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 teaspoons of fresh mint, chopped
- 6 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- In a shallow baking dish, season steak with kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper and toss in olive oil and vinegar to coat; set aside at room temperature.
- Meanwhile, heat a salted pot of water to boiling over high heat, add orzo and cook until al dente, 3 – 4 minutes; drain and set in fridge to cool 15 minutes.
- Heat grill over medium high heat and grill steaks 2 – 3 minutes per side for medium rare; remove from heat and allow steaks to rest.
- Remove chilled orzo from fridge and add remaining ingredients along with 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil. Toss well to combine and plate.
- Slice steak thin and on the bias and plate next to orzo salad. Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!