Grilled Bourbon Skirt Steak
photo by Bonnie G #2
- Ready In:
- In bowl, combine bourbon, brown sugar, soy sauce, Worcestershire, Tabasco, mustard and cornstarch, stir until sugar has dissolved.
- Place steak in bowl, pour marinade over meat, cover and marinate in fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Remove stak from marinate, place on grill.
- Cook, turning once, 3-5 minutes per side for medium-rare, or until done to your liking.
- Transfer steak to cutting board, cover loosely with aluminum foil and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Cut steak into thin slices, arrange on platter and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Great marinade to use for tougher meats. Our strip steak was so tender and full of flavor. I made as written although scaled the recipe back by 1/2. For us, this was too sweet, but that is a personal preference and easily fixed by cutting back on the brown sugar. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for the "All you can cook buffet special"!!
I wanted to cook two skirt steaks that I found in my freezer so I searched on the 'Zaar. Of the 63 listed this one sounded the best. WOW! I made it exactly as written with one exception...I only had 1/4 cup of soy sauce on hand. I did have to salt mine after it was cooked, so I think that 1/3 cup would be perfect! Four minutes on a side was a great medium rare. Served BBQ sauce on the side along with baked sweet potatoes and corn. Leftovers tomorrow on King's Hawaiian Rolls, yyuuuuummmmmm! Thanks for sharing!!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>As of 6-14-2013 DH will be completing his tour in Trinidad, which has been a wonderful adventure; and returning home to Dayton, WA. We'll miss all our friends and time there, but looking forward to enjoying home life on the ranch for awhile, while we see what the next adventure might bring.</p> 8726453"