Spring Vegetable Orzo Pasta Salad
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Yummy pasta salad
- Ready In:
- 1 bunch asparagus, about 3 cups diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 ounces orzo pasta, cooked to al dente and cooled
- 15 ounces artichoke hearts (canned)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- Bring a medium saucepan full of water to a boil. Turn off the burner, add in asparagus pieces and blanch for 2-3 minutes. While the asparagus is in the water, heat one tablespoon olive oil in a small sauté pan. Add in shallots and garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes, just until tender. Drain the asparagus and rinse with cool water.
- In a large bowl add cooked orzo pasta, asparagus pieces and sautéed shallots and garlic. Drain artichoke hearts and quarter them, adding them to the bowl. Add in sun-dried tomatoes with oil and lemon zest. Stir to combine.
- In a small bowl or container, whisk together lemon juice, white wine vinegar, salt and pepper. While continuously whisking, slowly pour olive oil into the vinegar. Once emulsified, stir the dressing into the salad. Move to the refrigerator for at least 5 hours for flavors to combine. Serve cold.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note