Perfect Greek Orzo Salad
photo by Christines Yellow K
- Ready In:
- 1 lb orzo pasta
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and diced into large pieces
- 8 ounces feta cheese, cubed
- 8 ounces black olives, sliced
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons parsley, well chopped
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3⁄4 tablespoon oregano
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon black pepper
- In large bowl, combine cucumber, feta, black olives, tomatoes & parsley.
- Bring large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook orzo as directed on box. Drain and rinse with water to cool. Return pasta to pot (pot should be cooled down). Mix cucumber mixture into orzo.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients and pour over salad. Mix well to combine. Refrigerate for 20 minutes before serving.
This was really good and you can totally expand on this recipe to your liking. Made as written except threw in some leftover dill I had from making tzatziki sauce and added some fresh lemon juice to the dressing - this was an all-around hit. Thank you for the wonderful recipe - going in the rotation for sure.
Very good recipe. But I'm an experimenter and also do alterations and/or add-ons to recipes. So I added a hopped yellow bell pepper, used (2) English cucumbers pealed and chopped instead, added juice of 1 lemon, added 3/4 tsp sweet basil, added 1-1/2 tbsp sugar and onion and garlic powder to taste, used 1/2 cup Zesty Italian dressing instead of 1/2 cup olive oil, 4 shakes red wine vinegar instead, and salt/pepper to taste. Came out great me and my family loved it. Thanks.