Orzo Pasta Salad
photo by Your Gourmet Girlfriend
- Ready In:
- Saute orzo and garlic in olive oil until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Slowly add chicken broth and Italian seasonings.
- Bring to boil. Cover and cook on low until most of the water is absorbed, about 20 minutes, stirring now and then.
- Let cool.
- Add bacon, onions, broccoli, tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Chill in fridge about and hour; toss with cheese and serve.
- **I cook my bacon in the microwave on a paper plate with paper towels about 2 min for 4 slices, I also steam the broccoli in the microwave until just done, not mushy about 3 min.**.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I can't believe I am the first person to rate this salad..I wanted something different and was looking for salads that would be good to take camping. I was getting tired of potatoe salad and tuna noodle salads.I made this salad and 2 others#46410 southwestern pasta salad and #10733 broccoli salad, for a family get together potluck..This salad was given the highest marks but all 3 were wonderful,flavorful,colorful and just tasted great. I would highly recommend this salad, you will not be disappointed. I did however brown the orzo pretty brown and added a couple more roma tomatoes...My daughter is making this one for a graduation party,it is sure to make a big hit..Thank You for this wonderful recipe..I will make it often...