Like the ones you buy in the grocery store.
Make and share this Pickled Hot Jalapeno Peppers recipe from Food.com.
- Seed, stem and slice peppers, or leave whole if small.
- If you're leaving whole, cut 2 small slits in each pepper or you're going to have exploded peppers.
- Combine vinegar and water and heat to a simmer-do not boil.
- Pack peppers tightly into jars, pour hot vinegar/water over peppers leaving 1/2 inch head space.
- Add salt-to taste. Process in a boiling water bath for 15 minutes.
- You can add 1 clove of garlic to each jar if you like.
My husband loved the flavor but said they were a little mushy cooked for 15 min, so now I just store them in the frig. instead of processing them
My sister and I made 35 1 liter jars of these pickes was very easy to make. the only comment I have is the recipe said hint wear rubber gloves it should of read warning!!wear rubber gloves our hands burned for 2 days and we could not even put them in hot water other than that the recipe was great Oh we also put the jars in the canner for 7 mins.
My husband and I made 7 pints of this recipe. We did NOT process them at all. Simply poured the hot liquid over the content of each jar and they sealed on their own)we boiled the liquid for 5 minutes). My husband says they are crunchy and everybit as good as you buy in the store. "TWO THUMBS UP" Options: We sliced rings of banana peppers in one jar and used the same liquid to cover. This is a very easy recipe. HINT: use disposable rubber gloves while handling the peppers.