Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this from a Superbowl recipe card.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup red and green bell pepper, sliced (optional)
- 1 cup onion, sliced (optional)
- 1 lb sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 hoagie rolls, partially sliced
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add peppers and onions; stir fry until tender.
- Add steak and stir fry over high heat until fully cooked.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper; divide steak mixture in skillet into four seperate piles.
- Top each pile with 1/2 cup cheese. Cover; let stand until cheese melts.
- Spread mayonnaise on hoagie rolls; top with steak and cheese mixture.
So good. I used a sirloin steak sliced thinly. We also had some sliced mushrooms we added also.Very good. Thank you for sharing this with us.
I have never had a philly steak and cheese so I wanted to try it. We loved it. Thanks!!
Just had these for lunch....OMG, my taste buds are positively SINGING!!! We had just cut up a beef tenderloin for steaks, and had some thin odds and ends, so gave this a whirl. Toasted rolls, mayo, etc. as written - just added some onion and garlic powder, salt and pepper for our tastes. This is a keeper!