Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
No pizza sauce for this, a prebaked purchased Boboli pizza crust works well --- this is a great way to use up leftover roast beef or steak, all amounts may be adjusted to taste
- 1 prebaked italian pizza dough
- 1 large onion (thinly sliced and separated into rings)
- 1 small red sweet bell pepper (seeded and cut into 1/8 inch strips)
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 2 -3 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 lb sliced deli roast beef (cut into 1/4 inch strips, or can use thin sliced cooked steak)
- 1 cup sliced canned mushroom, well drained
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare a 14-inch pizza pan.
- Place crust on a pizza pan; set aside.
- In a skillet, saute the onion, red pepper and garlic in oil for 3-5 minutes, or until crisp-tender.
- Add beef and mushrooms; cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until heated through.
- Stir in seasonings.
- Spread meat mixture over crust to within 1/2-inch of edge.
- Combine the cheeses then sprinkle over pizza.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the crust is golden and cheese is melted.
Wow! This was delicious! Even my 4 year old ate it (we didnt tell him it had onion & peppers!) I used about 3/4 of a green bell pepper instead of red, chopped pepper and 1/2 an onion very small, and omitted mushrooms. This is definitely a keeper in our house! There were no leftovers!
Awesome pizza. Made it on a refrigerated pizza crust and probably added another cup of mozzarella cheese.
i can't believe i forgot to review this!! i've made this many times...especially now that it's football season!!! this is so easy and tasty. my only changes are to omit the mushrooms for dh, add 1 teaspoon fennel seed to the spices, and top the pizza with a thin layer of shredded mozzarella and then top that with white american slices cuz that's how i like my philly cheesesteaks! this is a real keeper!! thanks kitten!!