1/2 Photos of Philadelphia Roll
Nikki Dinki Cooking's Note:
Every step to making the perfect Philadelphia Rolls!!!
My Private Note
Sushi R ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Use "Sushi Rice" only, also knows as "Kagayaki" or"Koshihikari" rice.
- 2Put rice in a bowl and fill with water you will notice the water is cloudy. Drain water out and repeat the process until the water is clear.
- 3Bring 1 cup of rice and 1 cup of water to a boil.
- 4Reduce to a simmer and cover.
- 5Cook about 15minutes. Just until all the water is adsorbed, could be more or less time. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
- 6Remove the rice from the heat and let sit, still covered, for 10min.
- 7Spread rice on a flat surface. You want it to spread out as much as possible to cool quickly.
- 8Sprinkle on 1 Tbs of SEASONED Rice Vinegar.
- 9If you have just "Rice Vinegar" combine 1Tbs Vinegar with 1Tbs Sugar and 1tsp Salt and it is the same thing. Put mixture over heat in a sauce pan or in the microwave to dissolve sugar and salt.
- 10Work vinegar through rice by pushing around with a spoon, also start fanning your rice. You want the rice to cool as quickly as possible.
- 11The rice should have a sheen all over, if it does not add a little more vinegar.
- 12Wet your hands and form the rice into a ball, it should stick together and still pull apart into individual pieces.
- 13Place a piece of plastic wrap on your bamboo mat and put Nori on top of it with the rough side up.
- 14Spread out 3/4 to 1 cup of cooked rice per sheet of Nori (seaweed paper). Use wet hands and spread around the whole sheet leaving a 1 inch border on the bottom.
- 15Turn the sheet over so the rice is facing the plastic wrap and the nori with nothing on it is facing up. Make sure the 1inch rice free border is on the bottom.
- 161/3 of the way up from the bottom smear a line of cream cheese.
- 17Place Salmon on top of the cream cheese.
- 18Cut Cucumber into small strips and lay beside the Salmon.
- 19Fold the bottom of the sheet over the rice and continue rolling into a log.
- 20Cut with a wet serrated blade.
- 21For a step by step video on how to make the sushi rolls search "Nikki Dinki Sushi" on youtube for my instructional video. I go through every step!
Browse Our Top Short-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Philadelphia Roll
Serving Size: 1 (746 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 859.0
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 42.2 mg
- Sodium 470.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 157.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 23.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
seasoned rice vinegar