Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I haven't tried this yet. This is from Southern Living Magazine, and looks yummy!
Make and share this Pesto Focaccia Sandwich for Six recipe from Food.com.
- 1 loaf focaccia bread or 1 loaf ciabatta
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) jarprepared pesto sauce
- 1⁄2 lb thinly sliced black forest ham
- 1⁄2 lb thinly sliced roasted turkey breast
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- 1⁄2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- Cut bread in half horizontally, using a serrated knife.
- Spread pesto evenly over cut sides of bread.
- Layer ham and next 3 ingredients evenly over bottom half. Top with remaining bread half.
- Wrap in aluminum foil.
- Bake at 450 for 10 minutes. Cut into six wedges.
Definitely a five star! Used havarti so my cheese was definitely melted in 15 minutes at 425. The only foccacia the store had was topped with jalapenos, tomatoes, cheese, and mushrooms so it was really an AWESOME lunch. A repeater for sure plus easy, thank you for posting.
This was nummy, easy, and fast! After reading the comments, I put mine in for 15 minutes, not 10, and it could probably use another 5 or 10. The sandwich was heated through, and the bread was crispy, but the cheese wasn't melted. But, I didn't have to wait for it to cool before serving to my kids, either. :) Great recipe, gobbled up by everyone, reminded me of sandwiches I got in fancy downtown delis when I worked there. Thanks for posting!
The pesto sauce adds a nice extra taste to this for a wonderful hot sandwich. After 10 minutes in the oven, mine was not heated through. Next time, I will probably bake it at a lower temperature for a longer period of time.