This is a healthier alternative to lamb or beef kebabs using ground turkey. Of course if you prefer the meat over the turkey, please use in place and I promise great results. This is a combination of Lula and Kubidah. Delicious!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grate the onion and drain excess juices.
- 2Mix together the turkey, grated onion, egg, and remaining spices, EXCEPT the saffron threads.
- 3Heat a small skillet and slightly toast the saffron with pinch of salt.
- 4After the saffron becomes fragrant, move from heat to mortar and pestle and crush to fine powder (be careful not to burn the delicate threads).
- 5Add saffron to meat/spice mixture.
- 6Mix together until completely combined (2-3 minutes).
- 7Refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
- 8Form the mixture around metal or wooden kabab skewers (should make 8 - 10 skewers). Wet your hands in between to keep the meat from sticking. If the skewers are too hard to work with, you can simply form the kebabs without the skewers on to a lined baking sheet. Is using 99% fat free turkey this is the best option.
- 9Refrigerate again if the meat mixture becomes too loose and hard to work with.
- 10I prefer to broil these in the oven 8 minutes per side. Check after 4 minutes on first side to determine the length of your cooking.
Browse Our Top Turkey Breasts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Turkey Breasts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Persian Turkey Kebabs
Serving Size: 1 (135 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 185.7
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 101.5 mg
- Sodium 387.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 23.4 g