photo by Outta Here
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) package dry enchilada mix
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 cups shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons low-fat sour cream
- 8 multi-grain tortillas (I get the soft taco size, makes for really full enchiladas)
- salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Brown ground turkey, season with salt and pepper.
- While turkey cooks, prepare the enchilada sauce by combining the spice package with 1 8 oz. can of tomato sauce and 1 1/2 cups water.
- Bring sauce to a simmer and allow to thicken.
- Spray a 3 qt casserole dish with non-stick spray and line the bottom with a little bit of the enchilada sauce.
- To assemble the enchiladas, in each tortilla you will place 1 1/2 teaspoons of low fat sour cream, and about 1 tablespoons cheddar cheese with 1/4 cup of the turkey. Roll tightly and place seam side down into the casserole.
- Cover enchiladas with remaining sauce and cheddar cheese.
- Cover casserole with foil and bake for 30 minutes, the last 15 min take the foil off to allow the cheese to melt.
- Remove from oven and let sit for about 10 minutes.
- Serve with salsa, sour cream and rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!