- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 3 tablespoons minced onions
- 1⁄4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3 cups bow tie pasta (or pasta of choice)
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- Brown ground chicken, remove from heat and keep warm.
- Bring 3 cups water to a boil.
- Add remaining ingredients (except topping & tomatoes) to boiling water.
- Cook 10 minutes or until tender.
- Reduce heat and stir in 1 can of diced tomatoes and ground chicken.
- Simmer 10 minutes or until heated thru.
- Sprinkle with topping and stir.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
In the words of Rachel Ray...YUMMO! I followed the directions as written with a few minor changes/substitutions. The store didn't have ground chicken so I used ground turkey. I used Hot Mexican chili powder and celery flakes instead of celery seed. To make it more diabetic friendly, I used Dreamfield's rotini pasta and I also added approximately half a cup of sour cream. I also used petite diced tomatoes because I don't like big chunks of tomatoes in my food. This dish is very easy to make and very, very flavorful. Bonus...the leftovers taste just as good if not better than when you make it. I will be making this recipe often in the future. Made for PAC Spring 2013.