- Ready In:
- Fry bacon slices until crisp.
- Reserve drippings.
- Crumble bacon and set aside.
- To dripping in frying pan, add chopped onion.
- Cook until tender.
- Add ground beef.
- Cook and stir until done.
- Stir in canned tomatoes, cut up, and their juice, green pepper, ketchup, salt, and pepper.
- Stir in noodles.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer, and cook for 30 minutes or until noodles are tender, stirring frequently.
- Stir in bacon.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I really liked this recipe even though I messed it up a little. I halved everything but then I came to the noodles (i used elbow macaroni) I forgot to half. So I guess it wasn't as saucy as it should have been but was just right for me. The only thing I would change next time is I would use a little bacon grease to begin with but not add the bacon to the skillet. I like the bacon flavor but not the bacon texture after it softens (my personal preference).