Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Quick Cooking 2004 Nov/Dec issue
Make and share this Peppered Brown Rice recipe from Food.com.
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granule
- 2 cups uncooked instant brown rice
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄3 cup of chopped sweet red pepper
- 1⁄3 cup chopped yellow sweet pepper
- 1⁄3 cup chopped sweet green pepper
- 6 -8 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 2 -3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried tarragon
- In a large saucepan, bring water and bouillon to a boil.
- Stir in rice.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the vegetables in oil until tender.
- Stir in the tarragon and rice; heat through.
I am so happy I found this recipe! The peppers and mushrooms add so much to plain old rice. I didn't have the celery, but the rice was great without it.
I really enjoyed this rice and my DH who isnt a big fan of peppers liked it too. Kept sliced mushrooms a bit to long in the crisper drawer so I wasnt able to use them but they will be added next time. Very easy to make, while rice is cooking I chopped and sauteed the vegetables. Served with susie cooks Parmesan Chicken Strips and sliced peaches. Thank you Carly for posting a wonderful rice side dish.