1/2 Photos of Penne With Blue Cheese, Pesto, Walnuts, and Asparagus
Jamie Lynne's Note:
I cut this out of the newspaper. It is great, but I would only recommend this for pesto lovers. This can be made with feta cheese instead of blue cheese.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add salt and stir in the penne. Reduce to medium-high and cook penne, uncovered, until al dente, 6-7 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, place walnuts on a rimmed baking sheet and bake in preheated 350-degree o ven until lightly toasted, 4-5 minutes.
- 3Place pesto and blue c heese in a large serving bowl and using a fork, mash the blue cheese into the pesto.
- 4Rinse asparagus spears and snap off and discard their tough ends. Break spears into 1 1/2-inch long pieces.
- 5During the last 3 minutes of the penne cooking time, add asparagus to pot and cook until bright green and crisp-tender. Drain penne and asparagus well in colander. Add to the bowl with the pesto and stir to coat them well. Top with toasted walnuts and serve at once.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Penne With Blue Cheese, Pesto, Walnuts, and Asparagus
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 435.9
- Calories from Fat 205
- Total Fat 22.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 6.3 mg
- Sodium 127.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.3 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 11.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: