Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I cut this out of the newspaper. It is great, but I would only recommend this for pesto lovers. This can be made with feta cheese instead of blue cheese.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add salt and stir in the penne. Reduce to medium-high and cook penne, uncovered, until al dente, 6-7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place walnuts on a rimmed baking sheet and bake in preheated 350-degree o ven until lightly toasted, 4-5 minutes.
- Place pesto and blue c heese in a large serving bowl and using a fork, mash the blue cheese into the pesto.
- Rinse asparagus spears and snap off and discard their tough ends. Break spears into 1 1/2-inch long pieces.
- During the last 3 minutes of the penne cooking time, add asparagus to pot and cook until bright green and crisp-tender. Drain penne and asparagus well in colander. Add to the bowl with the pesto and stir to coat them well. Top with toasted walnuts and serve at once.
This was yummy! Makes normal pesto pasta seem boring! (surprise, surprise, I love something with EXTRA cheese!) My hubby said, "I can't stop eating this!" Only change I made was to use pecans instead of walnuts b/c that was what was in the pantry. Thanks so much!