Grilled Vegetable Medley With Blue Cheese Butter
Yum! Another grilled veggie dish topped with a sprinkling of blue cheese butter on top!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 3⁄4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, roasted and mashed
- 2 lbs vegetables (asparagus, zucchini, yellow squash, carrots, and eggplants, peeled, trimmed and sliced)
- In a small bowl, blend blue cheese, butter and lemon juice thoroughly. Season with salt and pepper. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- In a blender, combine olive oil, basil and roasted garlic and blend until smooth. Pour over the vegetables. Season with salt and pepper and marinate for 20 minutes. Grill the vegetables over medium-high heat and create grill marks on all sides, approximately 4 minutes each.
- Remove to a serving dish and top with the prepared butter. (Prep time includes marinating time for vegetables).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Goodness Nancy, delicious!!! I made the butter well in advance, and because I made a smaller portion of vegetables, still have some lovely tasty butter left to put to good use (maybe on broccoli, would be fabulous). :) I used zucchini, orange bellpepper, carrots and sweet potato. I did use a grill pan but didnt get lovely black stripes, probably just need to practice more, not something I often do. Loved the pre-marinading too, all in all a lovely easy way to really dress up vegetables!!! Thank you, much enjoyed for Consideration tag game.
I used asparagus and eggplant, and grilled them on my charcoal grill along with some skirt steak. The blue cheese butter was delicious on the veggies, and also wonderful on the steak. This was really easy to make, but tasted decadent. Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful recipe! Made for For Your Consideration game on Yuku.com