Wicked Blue Cheese Butter
photo by twissis
- Ready In:
2 1/2 cups
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2⁄3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2⁄3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup brandy
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot sauce
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter, blue cheese, parsley, brandy, garlic, onion powder, pepper, and hot sauce.
- With a rubber spatula, place the mixture width wise down the middle of a 12x8 sheet of tinfoil or wax paper, leaving about an inch free at either end.
- Roll the foil or paper up lengthwise to create a little cylinder of butter.
- Seal the ends of the cylinder and freeze for at least 1 hour before using.
- Cut with a warm knife.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Made for Newest Zaar Tag & I'd use your recipe as proof of my point if I had to argue that something could be both wickedly good & wickedly evil. Made exactly as written (except for presentation), this wickedly good flavoured butter was perfection w/grilled steaks we served to guests at a dinner party Fri nite. I served it in sml individual sauce containers (or molds) I bought recently in the US. It's wickedly evil because it makes you forget the word moderation is a part of the English language. Thx for posting this great recipe for us. It went straight into my Best Of 2012 & Favourite Personal Treasures cookbooks. :-)