Swiss Vegetable Medley
Another really good recipe from Mom. This one is delicious and easy to double. Remember to double baking time also though. I also like to add a little garlic powder and seasoned salt to mine. I also never add the pimiento, so leaving them out doesn't take away from the dish. Also a good one for those people that don't usually like veggies.
- Ready In:
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen broccoli, carrots and cauliflower, thawed
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (4 ounce) jar pimiento, chopped (optional)
- 1 (2 7/8 ounce) can French-fried onions
- In a mixing bowl, combine veggies, soup, 1/2 cup of cheese, sour cream, pimento and 1/2 cup of onions.
- Pour into a 1 quart baking dish and bake covered at 350° for 30 minutes.
- Top with remaining cheese and onions.
- Bake uncovered for 5 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I'm salivating looking at that picture. This recipe means Christmas and Thanksgiving to me. It's definitely one of our family's favorites that my mom and grandma have been making for years. (We skip the pimentos) **update: I made it for Christmas dinner, and I didn't have mushroom soup. I had to substitute cream of chicken, and it was still really yummy.**Reply
Three cheers for recipes written on bar napkins. Ross Moss, you get 10 stars for this. Potsie, you only get five because that's all Zaar allows. I made two changes -- used cheddar cheese and cream of asparagus soup because I had them on hand. By the way, the fried onions turned out much more tender than I expected. Made and reviewed for Pick a Chef.Reply