Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
An oriental lamb recipe (rather than duck) to serve wrapped in store-bought peking pancakes (you can get these from your Asian supermarket) or you could use tortilla.
- 2 kg leg of lamb
- 2 whole star anise
- 1 piece cinnamon
- 8 slices fresh ginger
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 3 leeks
- 160 ml reserved stock
- 4 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- Place lamb in a large pot and add spices, green onions, soy sauce and sherry.
- Cover with cold water and bring to the boil. Cover and reduce to a simmer.
- Cook for a further 2 hours to cook through.
- Meanwhile trim leeks and cut in half lenghtways and soak in cold waterto remove grit.
- Lift lamb out of pot and drain well. Reserve liquid (160mls) (and a bit more in another cup) and add the rest of the sauce ingredients to the pot.
- Bring to the boil and add the lamb, cover, reduce heat and cook 15 minutes turning to coat in the sauce.
- Slice leeks at an angle. Add to the pot, cover and cook a further 5-10 minutes. If necessary add some more reserved stock.
- Take off heat and rest lamb for 10 minutes. Then slice. finely.
- Arrange on a serving platter with a little reserved sauce.
- Allow everyone to make their own pancakes/wraps.