Grilled Rosemary Lamb Chops
photo by DianaEatingRichly
- Ready In:
- Mix ingredients except for lamb in a bowl.
- Place the chops in a container to marinate. I use a zip lock bag.
- Pour ingredients over chops, making sure both sides are well covered.
- Let marinate overnight. The longer the better, but give them at least one hour.
- Let chops come to room temperature (approximately 20 minutes) before grilling. Discard marinade.
- Cook on the bbq or under the broiler. For medium try about 3 1/2 minutes per side. I have also used venison chops with this recipe with great success.
Delicious - I pan fried my chops and cut the recipe to 2 chops, marinated them for 6 hours. I used no oil on the pan there was enough in the marinade that clung to the chops. 4 minutes each side medium high heat - they were pink and perfect. I like the addition of the cayenne and I was generous with my pinch, the other herbs melded with the lemon to givea lovely tang to the chops. Thanls for a very enjoyable dinner *****sandy
I have made these a few times and this is the only way I will eat lamb chops! They come out very tender. I also add kosher salt instead of sea salt and extra minced garlic. SO good! I try to marinate them overnight as well, but I have marinated them 6-8 hours (put them in a ziploc with all of the ingredients in the morning and grilled them for dinner) and they were still awesome. Thank you Sandy!
Made these on my indoor grill tonight, they were excellent! I doubled the complete recipe and used Kosher salt in place of sea salt, and also used about 2 tablespoons chopped garlic for a double recipe. I will definately make this again, the lamb was very tasty and tender, I marinated mine overnight, and I suggest anyone who makes this recipe to do so. I served this with a Greek-style tomato salad, what a great meal! thanks for posting!...Kittencal:)
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
That's me and my husband Rex in the photo. He is wonderful and we've been married for over 17 years. We have 16 year old twin boys that I home school (yes I'm crazy). Rex is a Realtor and I am starting to work with him and may get my license. I like to write, read, ride horses, garden and of course, cook! We are Red Seniors in Tae Kwon Do and our sons who are Jr. Black Belts are helping us a lot. All four of us are going for our Black Belts in the fall. My many cookbooks are sadly neglected since I've found Zaar. My old standby cookbook would have to be Better Homes and Gardens.