Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Delicious flavorful chicken dish that is as fast and easy to make as it is tasty! All amounts are approximate and can be tweaked to suit your tastes, I typically make a little more of the sauce. This recipe is originally from Jaylene at Nibbledish.com, I've changed the amounts to what I use for a family of 4.
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter (Creamy or Chunky)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus some (for cooking)
- 3 -4 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons ginger
- salt and pepper
- water (optional)
- parsley flakes (optional) or fresh parsley (optional)
- sesame seeds (optional)
- In a bowl, prepare the peanut butter sauce. Add the peanut butter, soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar and 2 Tbs. olive oil together and stir until you form a smooth paste.
- Dice garlic and ginger as fine as you can get them, I use a grater with small holes and grate my garlic so that there are no large chunks for those that don't care to bite into a large piece of garlic.
- Cube your chicken into small bite sized pieces or cut into small strips if you prefer.
- In a pan, heat up some olive oil (I usually use about 2 Tbs.) add the garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds depending on how hot you got the olive oil. Then add the chicken, season to your taste with salt and pepper, and cook until completely cooked through.
- Add the sauce mixture and stir to coat all of the chicken. Reduce heat to a medium low and cook for an additional 5 to 10 minutes stirring frequently. If the sauce starts to become too think or clumps together add small amounts of water and stir to keep a nice consistency. The sauce should coat the chicken without being soupy.
- Remove the pan from heat and serve the chicken over rice. Garnish with parsley or sesame seeds if you wish.
Absolutely DELICIOUS, shame I didn't make more for next day! Thank you for this fantastic recipe.
Very impressed by how tasty this recipe is. It was my first time ever eating peanut ginger chicken; my partner and I really enjoy it. 6/5 :-)
Love it! Just made this for my family and they absolutely loved it! Thanks for this delicious recipe!