Crock Pot Peanut Chicken
photo by lazyme
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 10mins
- 3 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄3 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 -2 tablespoon honey (optional)
- 1⁄2 - 1 cup chicken broth (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a crock pot.
- Mix well.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until chicken is tender and thoroughly cooked.
- Serve over hot rice or noodles.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I enjoyed this recipe! My measurements might have been a little off because I only made four servings, but the finished dish was tasty. I used the suggested chicken broth and thickened the sauce at the end with some flour. Tastes great over rice and makes the house smell wonderful! I'll be making this one again.
I'm sorry but this came out awful. I put in all the ingredients, including the broth, but when I checked on it at 5.5 hours it was already burning! Unheard of for crockpot recipes. I added extra water (1.5 cups) and let it cook a bit longer. When it was finally done I put it over rice and veggies and we just didn't care for it at all. It was way too salty (broth + soy sauce?) and it didn't have a peanut flavor at all. I think the soy sauce really overpowered it. Sorry, I really wanted to like this!
see 42 more reviews