Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
My mother used to make this all the time when we were growing up. They're like peanut chews.
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 5 cups Rice Krispies
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1 ounce margarine (2 T)
- Heat corn syrup and sugar.
- Add peanut butter and mix.
- Remove from flame and add Rice Krispies.
- Spread into 9x13-inch pan.
- Melt chocolate chips and margarine. Spread over Rice Krispie mixture.
- Freeze. Thaw slightly before cutting and serving.
Very good treat. DH loved it, most of the kids liked it. It was a bit sticky to work with, but once it cooled it was great. I used butter. I also used milk chocolate chips instead of the bittersweet. Made and Reviewed for Please Review My Recipe Tag - Thanks! :)
This recipe made it into Book #179627 This was simple and quick to make. It tastes like a kit kat with peanut butter, only with much more crunch. Scrumptious. When Buddha got home, He devoured it!
Very good! My mom says they're addictive :D They were pretty hard to cut until they were almost room temp though. My DH says I'll be making them again LOL