Deluxe Baked Marshmallow Peanut Butter Rice Krispies Squares Bar
photo by CoffeeB
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened (I use 1/2 cup butter and 1/4 cup margarine)
- 1 1⁄2 cups white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 - 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 4 cups mini marshmallows (can use more marshmallows if desired)
- 1 1⁄3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups crispy rice cereal (I use Rice Krispies cereal)
- Set oven to 350°F.
- Grease a jelly roll pan.
- In a mixing bowl, cream 3/4 cup butter and sugar for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add in eggs and vanilla; beat for another 2 minutes.
- In a bowl sift together flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa; add to the creamed mixture; stir until well combined.
- Add/mix in nuts (if using).
- Spread in a greased jelly roll pan.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and sprinkle marshmallows evenly over the cake; return to oven for 2-3 minutes.
- Using a knife dipped in water, spread the hot marshmallows evenly over the cake; cool.
- For the topping: combine chocolate chips, 3 tablespoons butter and peanut butter in a small saucepan or in the microwave.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until well blended and smooth.
- Remove from heat, stir in the rice cereal.
- Dollop mixture over the bars (don't worry about completely covering the marshmallows).
- Chill and cut into squares.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!