Recipe by Knitting Granny
I cut this recipe out of a magazine years and years ago - it was originally titled "Clara's Peanut Butter Pie". It's one of our favorites, and hands down is the best Peanut Butter Pie I've ever tasted. I usually make my own graham-cracker crust and bake it for five minutes or so before I add the filling (Cool it first, of course.) I've made the filling using low-fat cream cheese and reduced fat non-dairy whipped topping and the results are great. Thank you, Clara, wherever you are.
- 1 graham-cracker pie shell
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 3⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 (8 ounce) container non-dairy whipped topping, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Using an electric mixer, whip together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, peanut butter and the milk until thoroughly mixed - 3 to 4 minutes.
- Using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, mix in the topping until incorporated.
- Pour into prepared graham cracker crust.
- Refrigerate about four hours or overnight.