Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Don't let the name scare you. It is very good
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen corn
- 1 cup light cream or 1 cup half-and-half
- Saute onion and celery in butter till tender.
- Remove from heat and add peanut butter stirring until melted.
- Stir in broth and corn.
- Bring to a boil stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and stir in cream.
- Reheat just until hot not allowing to come to a boil.
Oh so delicious. This is on the web as coming from a cookbook called More White Trash Cooking. I made a similar change like the previous reviewer: adding a can of cream-style corn instead of frozen corn. It's true that this soup would be fine with less cream, too. As written, it's very rich and luscious. Next time I think I'll cut back on the cream a tad. This soup isn't spicy but might take well to some added Tabasco, if that's the direction you'd want to go. Lovely soup!!
To interesting not to make this. VERY good! The only thing I did different - to cut down on fat and calories - was to add a can of cream style corn, and only 1/4 cup of half and half. Thanks - will be making again!