Recipe by Denise in NH
Don't let the name scare you. It is very good
Top Review by vrvrvr
Oh so delicious. This is on the web as coming from a cookbook called More White Trash Cooking. I made a similar change like the previous reviewer: adding a can of cream-style corn instead of frozen corn. It's true that this soup would be fine with less cream, too. As written, it's very rich and luscious. Next time I think I'll cut back on the cream a tad. This soup isn't spicy but might take well to some added Tabasco, if that's the direction you'd want to go. Lovely soup!!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen corn
- 1 cup light cream or 1 cup half-and-half
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion and celery in butter till tender.
- Remove from heat and add peanut butter stirring until melted.
- Stir in broth and corn.
- Bring to a boil stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and stir in cream.
- Reheat just until hot not allowing to come to a boil.