Recipe by nranger7
I found this pie among some family recipes. I'm not very knowledgeable with fruit pies so I asked a question about it on the Recipezaar forums. I promised to post the recipe if it turned out. My co-workers loved it, so here it is! Cooking time includes baking of the pie crust.
Top Review by miriam
This recipe is absolutely delicious! The filling gelled perfectly and was so yummy I ate 75% of the pie by myself! I have never been good with fruit pie recipes but this was easy and the directions were clear. I used fresh peaches and loved it. Thank you for this recipe!
- 3 large ripe peaches or 2 (15 ounce) canssliced peaches
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 baked pie shell
Directions See How It's Made
- Dip peaches in hot water and skin them.
- Cover peaches in cold water to keep from turning brown.
- If fresh peaches are not available, two 15 ounce cans of canned (and drained) sliced peaches may be used.
- Crush a few peaches at a time to make one cup of crushed peaches.
- Remaining peaches will be sliced directly into the pie crust.
- Make a sauce by combining the sugar, cornstarch, salt, water and one cup crushed peaches.
- Mix together and cook until thickened.
- Arrange remaining sliced peaches in a nice pattern into the baked pie shell.
- Carefully pour cooled sauce over the sliced peaches.
- Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.