1/12 Photos of Peach Oatmeal
LUv 2 BaKE's Note:
I have created one delicious oatmeal! It sort of reminds me of the Quaker peaches and cream oatmeal. I still prefer this oatmeal however, which is healthier, to packaged any day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup old fashioned oats or 1/4 cup quick oats
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup sliced peaches in juice, canned (this works out to about 5 slices of peach and about 1/8 cup of juice)
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon butterscotch extract or 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute (optional) or 1/2 teaspoon sugar (optional) or 1/2 teaspoon honey (optional)
- 1Cut up peach slices into small pieces.
- 2In a bowl add oats, water, and peaches with juice.
- 3Microwave in 500watt microwave for 2 minutes, stir, microwave for another 2 minutes, stir, then microwave in 1 minute intervals until cooked. In a 1200watt microwave, microwave for 30 seconds, stir, microwave for another 30 seconds, stir, and then continue microwaving in 30 second intervals until cooked.
- 4Once cooked, add cinnamon, butterscotch extract, and sweetener.
- 5NOTE: This serving seems small since it is only 1/4 cup of oats, but with the addition of peaches, it is quite filling, especially when served with a glass of milk; Feel free however, to increase one serving size to double this amount for a very hearty breakfast.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peach Oatmeal
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 106.5
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 6.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 3.0 g