Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A nice summer side salad.
Make and share this Pea Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb frozen baby peas, thawed, can use fresh blanched
- 3 ounces cheddar cheese, diced in cubes, about 3/4 cup
- 1⁄2 cup diced ham
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 -3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise, use less more to taste
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- paprika (optional)
- In a large bowl, mix together peas, cheese, ham, onion, and egg.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayo, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper; pour over the salad combo and toss to coat well.
- Place in a serving bowl and sprinkle w/ paprika for garnish.
Fixed this simple tasty salad for my Bunko group. I used sweet white onion and rice wine vinegar. Had a great flavor! This will be my only pea salad from now on! Thanks Parsley!
I made this for Thanksgiving.I used shredded cheddar cheese, 1 package of precooked bacon instead of ham, 5-6 green onions instead of red onion and cut back on the mayo and used a little bit of sour cream. I also added chopped green pepper and sliced almonds. Thanks for the great recipe.
Loved this salad and it only gets better with some chilling time, I used fresh garden peas that I steamed first, added in 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, used seasoned salt and also did some amount adjustments, thanks for sharing hon!...Kitten")