Because this Italian-style dish cooks quickly, assemble all the ingredients before you begin. Clipped from a magazine too long ago to know which one!?!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, thinly sliced and pitted
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 4 cups ziti pasta, cooked and drained
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup asiago cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add cherry tomatoes, olives and artichokes; cook 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Place pasta in a large bowl.
- Add tomato mixture, basil, cheese, salt and pepper; toss well and serve.
Super fast, easy and delicious! I made this for my vegetarian daughter and son in law and our whole family loved it! I did add some sun dried tomatoes, but otherwise followed the recipe. The kalamata olives give this just the right amount of zip. My daughter has already made it again. Thank you for sharing!
Wow, this was fantastic! It was so easy and quick, too--a definite keeper! I used parmesan cheese instead of asiago, since I already had a lot of parmesan on hand. I used campenalle pasta instead of ziti, and left out the salt (it was plenty salty for us without). I used extra olive oil, too, as I wasn't using a nonstick skillet. Wonderful! Thanks for posting, jonesies!
This was perfect! Loved the different ingredients in this!! This was tasty, fast to prepare and perfect with ripe cherry tomatoes!! Thanks jonesies!! :)