1/2 Photos of Pasta With Roast Vegetable Sauce
Wendys Kitchen's Note:
Another Epicurious recipe - vegetarian to try.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 eggplant, unpeeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini, trimmed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can Italian-style crushed tomatoes
- 12 ounces penne pasta
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1Preheat oven to 400Â°F.
- 2Arrange eggplant and onion on large rimmed nonstick baking sheet. Drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 3Roast vegetables until beginning to brown, stirring occasionally, about 25 minutes. Stir zucchini and garlic into vegetables; continue to roast until all vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes longer.
- 4Stir crushed tomatoes into vegetables on baking sheet; roast until heated through, about 10 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally. Ladle 1/2 cup pasta cooking liquid into small bowl; reserve. Drain pasta. Return pasta to same pot.
- 6Add roasted vegetable sauce and all herbs to pasta and toss to blend.
- 7Gradually add enough reserved pasta cooking liquid to moisten as desired.
- 8Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer pasta to bowl and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta With Roast Vegetable Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (549 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 492.8
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 280.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 96.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 19.0 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 12.6 g