My favorite pasta salad dressing was always the packet of PSV from McCormick. I haven't been able to find it in a couple of years and finally went to the McCormick site only to find out that it's not available any longer. But they did post a recipe!!! I haven't tried it yet but wanted to post it for anyone else who might be looking for the same. Note: prep time does not include the refrigeration time that is required. I like to use tri-colored pasta and sometimes I throw in some cubes of cheddar cheese, too.
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil or 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1 1⁄2-2 teaspoons mccormick seasoned pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons mccormick garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon mccormick italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mccormick onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mccormick basil leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mccormick dill weed
- 8 ounces rotini pasta
- 2 cups raw vegetables
- 1 cup cut up pepperoni
- Cook pasta as directed. Rinse under cold water and drain well.
- Mix oil, vinegar and seasonings till well blended. Toss pasta and vegetables in a large bowl. Add the dressing and toss gently. Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.
- Toss lightly before serving.