My favorite pasta salad dressing was always the packet of PSV from McCormick. I haven't been able to find it in a couple of years and finally went to the McCormick site only to find out that it's not available any longer. But they did post a recipe!!! I haven't tried it yet but wanted to post it for anyone else who might be looking for the same. Note: prep time does not include the refrigeration time that is required. I like to use tri-colored pasta and sometimes I throw in some cubes of cheddar cheese, too.
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil or 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1 1⁄2-2 teaspoons mccormick seasoned pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons mccormick garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon mccormick italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mccormick onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mccormick basil leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mccormick dill weed
- 8 ounces rotini pasta
- 2 cups raw vegetables
- 1 cup cut up pepperoni
- Cook pasta as directed. Rinse under cold water and drain well.
- Mix oil, vinegar and seasonings till well blended. Toss pasta and vegetables in a large bowl. Add the dressing and toss gently. Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.
- Toss lightly before serving.
This is a very nice vinaigrette and pasta salad. I used quinoa rotini pasta, red and green bell peppers, carrots, onion, and some chopped brocolli slaw. Very easy to make and tastes great. Thanks for posting. Made for Spring PAC 2010!
Made for Spring PAC 2010 today (April 12th) and this is an easy and wonderful salad. I used red/green peppers, some chopped leftover snow peas, chopped red onion, and some artichokes and ripe olives. Definately will be a keeper in my Favorites 2010. Thank you.