Recipe by catsoplenty
My favorite pasta salad dressing was always the packet of PSV from McCormick. I haven't been able to find it in a couple of years and finally went to the McCormick site only to find out that it's not available any longer. But they did post a recipe!!! I haven't tried it yet but wanted to post it for anyone else who might be looking for the same. Note: prep time does not include the refrigeration time that is required. I like to use tri-colored pasta and sometimes I throw in some cubes of cheddar cheese, too.
Top Review by FloridaNative
This is a very nice vinaigrette and pasta salad. I used quinoa rotini pasta, red and green bell peppers, carrots, onion, and some chopped brocolli slaw. Very easy to make and tastes great. Thanks for posting. Made for Spring PAC 2010!
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil or 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1 1⁄2-2 teaspoons mccormick seasoned pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons mccormick garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon mccormick italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mccormick onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mccormick basil leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mccormick dill weed
- 8 ounces rotini pasta
- 2 cups raw vegetables
- 1 cup cut up pepperoni
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta as directed. Rinse under cold water and drain well.
- Mix oil, vinegar and seasonings till well blended. Toss pasta and vegetables in a large bowl. Add the dressing and toss gently. Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.
- Toss lightly before serving.