Balsamic Pasta Salad
- Ready In:
- 1⁄3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dry basil
- 2 teaspoons parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups small shell pasta, of choice uncooked
- 3⁄4 cup broccoli, chopped into small flowerettes
- 1 red pepper, chopped fine
- 1 green onion, sliced fine
- Whisk first 6 ingredients together to prepare the dressing mix, set aside.
- Cook the pasta of your choice.
- While pasta is cooking, chop broccoli and blanch for 2 minutes.
- Combine cooked pasta, blanched broccoli, chopped red pepper and sliced green onion.
- Pour dressing mix on top of pasta mixture; toss to coat.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- **Note: Preparation can be accomplished while pasta is cooking, making this a very quick dish**.
Join The Conversation
I am a terrible cook and this turned out amazing!!! Everyone loved it. It was so flavorful, and it was even more delicious the next day. The next time I make it, I'm going to omit the pasta and I am going to add zucchini, squash, cucumbers, peppers and sundried tomatoes. Thank you for this great recipe!
Fantastic! I used a high quality balsamic(a much sweeter vinegar), doubled the recipe, omitted parmesan (making it vegan), added green bell pepper and subbed a sweet Vidalia onion for the green. I too added salt. I received a ton of compliments on this at a picnic and it will be a new staple for me. Everyone seems to LOVE it!