Recipe by Jeanelle71
Ok, I dislike Italian Dressing (a lot) so, my brother-in-law shared this recipe with me and I loved it so much, I kept it. Not sure where he got it from. I just love the dressing because it is a lot smoother tasting than Italian dressing from the supermarket. Also, this is great for picnics/lunches because it does not contain any mayo and you can leave the cheese out.
Top Review by mommy_of_Jace
So as I was trying to make a quick dinner tonight. Classic Italian pasta salad, I realize I have no Italian dressing... what to do. Thank goodness for google, I found this recipe. OMG! I have never had pasta salad this tasty! I think I might of ate half the pan before it reached the table. Way to go brother in law!
- 1 lb pasta, of your choice
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 red onion, chopped (optional)
- 2 small fresh mozzarella balls, cut into small pieces
- 2⁄3 cup oil
- 1⁄3 cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning (or more, to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook, drain, and rinse (with cold water) the pasta.
- Mix pasta, vegetables, and cheese in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix oil, vinegar, sugar, and seasonings.
- Add oil/vinegar mixture to the pasta mixture until the pasta appears well-oiled. You may not need the entire amount however, save it. Many times, if you do not eat the pasta salad right away (or save leftovers in the fridge) you will want to add a little more oil mixture to the pasta - kind of freshens it up.
- Note: You can add whatever fresh vegetables you have on hand. Also works great with roasted vegetables. Also, short noodles work better than long ones - ie: rotini is better than spaghetti - everything gets mixed up a lot better.