Recipe by scancan
My MIL is famous for her chocolate chip cookies, or at least she WAS until last year when I made these and sadly hers just sat while these were gobbled up so I think she's using my recipe this year. I highly recommend doubling this recipe as they really seem to disappear quickly.
Top Review by SarahGB
Amazing cookies - I made them last year for a friend's Seder, and a year later her guests are still telling me that they were the best Passover cookies they'd ever had. Thank you so much for posting - I'm getting very excited about making them again this year!
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons vanilla sugar or 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsalted butter (can decrease slightly) or 1 cup margarine (can decrease slightly)
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup matzo meal
- 3⁄4 cup matzo meal (matzah cake meal -couldn't put in)
- 1 cup potato starch
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together sugars, vanilla, and butter. Blend in eggs.
- Stir in the salt, matzah meal, cake meal, baking soda, potato starch, and chips.
- Chill the dough for an hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- On a parchment lined cookie sheet, drop teaspoonfuls of batter leaving room to spread.
- Bake for about 12 minutes.
- Let cool about 10 minuted before removing.