1/1 Photo of Party-Size Sausage Calzone
Johnsonville Sausage's Note:
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (19 ounce) package Johnsonville Italian Hot Sausage Links
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 loaf frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 (15 ounce) can pizza sauce, divided
- 1Cook sausage links according to package directions; drain, cut into 1/4 –inch slices and set aside.
- 2In a large bowl, combine mozzarella, ricotta, egg, parsley and seasonings.
- 3On a lightly floured surface, cut dough in half.
- 4Roll each into a 12-inch circle.
- 5On two parchment-lined baking sheets, carefully place one dough round on each baking sheet.
- 6Spoon ½ cup of pizza sauce, half the cheese mixture and half of the sausage slices onto the lower half of each dough round, keep the outer ½ -inch edge of dough free of ingredients.
- 7With a pastry brush, moisten the outer ½ -inch of each dough round with water.
- 8Fold dough over filling and crimp edges firmly to seal.
- 9Bake at 350ºF for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- 10Cut each Calzone in half and serve with remaining pizza sauce.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Party-Size Sausage Calzone
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 267.2
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 103.1 mg
- Sodium 514.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 17.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Johnsonville Italian Hot Sausage Links
frozen bread dough