Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
Another very easy and tasty appetizer. These freeze well. I am not sure where this recipe came from.
- 1 cup grated medium cheddar or 1 cup swiss cheese
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup bacon bits or 6 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 24 unbaked miniature tart shells
- Place first 5 ingredients in blender.
- Process until smooth.
- Divide bacon among tart shells.
- Spoon cheese mixture over bacon.
- Bake in 350° oven for about 25 minutes until set.
- To freeze, I bake them first and thaw out before reheating. It only takes a wee while to thaw out. I put them in the oven for 5 to 8 minutes to heat through. I found by reheating them while still frozen they got a little soggy.
Another Darlene10 winner. Have this made for one of my Christmas Eve appetizer offerings along with your recipe#44238. Bacon crisped and crumbled is my favoured option, gives these lovely little quiches the homemade taste! For variety added bits of green pepper and snipped green onion to half. Of course I then had to taste test three - they are sooo good. Have them made and frozen and know your reheating technique is perfect and right on. Thank you for another of your great appetizers.
Darlene, I just can't thank you enough for this recipe! Recently having had to Host an event for guests at my church I decided to make these for three reasons. 1. Indeed they can be put up in the freezer ahead of time, (thanks so much or the tip on reheating). 2. Soooo easy too in being able to use a blender! 3. No onions in the mix - not everyone likes onions. Needless to say with a bit of garnish along with the aroma, these 'lil darlin's were a HUGE hit. This recipe is a definite keeper and already in my personal cookbook. Again, thanks so much!