Prep 5 mins
Cook 55 mins
Great served as a side dish for breakfast, lunch, or dinner! Always a hit at every family function. The frosted flakes give them a little sweetness... you could substitute corn flakes if that is more your taste.
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 lbs of thawed shredded hash browns
- 2 cups frosted flakes
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients together, except for 1/4 cup of butter.
- Crush 2 cups frosted flakes with 1/4 cup melted butter and sprinkle on top.
- Bake for 55 min in a 9 x 13 pan.
These are really good and easy. I was sort of weird about putting "frosted" flakes onto the top of potatoes. I used regular corn flakes and it was amazing. I am making this again tonight only I am adding a can of diced green chilies to give it some extra kick.
these are my daughters favorite potatoes of all time...we call them company potatoes but this is the same recipe.