Recipe by Meredith3127
Great served as a side dish for breakfast, lunch, or dinner! Always a hit at every family function. The frosted flakes give them a little sweetness... you could substitute corn flakes if that is more your taste.
Top Review by Billie J.
These are really good and easy. I was sort of weird about putting "frosted" flakes onto the top of potatoes. I used regular corn flakes and it was amazing. I am making this again tonight only I am adding a can of diced green chilies to give it some extra kick.
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 lbs of thawed shredded hash browns
- 2 cups frosted flakes