Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A dish I use to make years ago. It has a sweet and tangy sauce and is served over rice.
- 1 lb pork shoulder, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1 green pepper, cut in 2-inch strips
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 13 1⁄2 ounces pineapple tidbits, undrained
- 3⁄4 cup catsup
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 cups cooked rice
- Coat pork with a mixture of flour, salt, and pepper.
- Brown in hot oil in skillet, using all the flour.
- Add celery, green pepper, onion, pineapple, catchup, mustard and Worcestershire.
- Simmer, covered 30 minutes.
- Serve over rice.
Thank you, thank you, thank you! I lost my recipe for this and couldn't remember the exact ingredients, even though I've made it many a time. A family favorite from way back when from Pillsbury Cookoff!
I remember this recipe in Pillsbury's treasury of bake off winners cookbook. It is a really good recipe. Thanks for sharing.