Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Wow..... This is outstanding..... I was looking for a new way to fix Salisbury Steak and found this recipe in one of my mom's cookbooks and we all loved it.....
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 (19 ounce) bag frozen vegetables (Green Giants chef inspired with parmesan-asiago sauce)
- In medium bowl, mix all ingredients except oil and vegetbales.
- Shape into 4 oval patties, 1/2 in thick.
- In 12 inches non-stick skille, heat oil over medium heat.
- Cook patties in oil for 3-4 minutes or until browned, turning once.
- Cover; reduce heat to low.
- Cook 10 minute then drain.
- Pour vegetables and sauce chips over patties. Cover; cook for 10 minute or until vegetables are crisp and tender, moving patties around and gently stirring vegetables once.
Love these steaks! No where near the Salisbury steaks I remember, but still very good. Like the other reviewers I couldn't find the veggie mix you were asking for (I looked in both Canada and the US), so I substituted that. I made too much of the meat mixture, so I'll be making this again very soon!
This is a wonderful and apparently versatile dish! I could not find the parmesan/asiago veggies you specified, so used a different Green Giant blend of broccoli and potatoes in a cheese sauce. It went perfectly with the meat, which was so moist and flavorful. What a quick, easy and delicious weeknight meal - thanks for sharing!
This was delicious! I could not find the Green Giant Vegetables called for in the recipe so I used a bag of mixed vegetables with a parmesan sauce. Thanks so much for a great and flavorful recipe!