Cube Steak Skillet Stew
- Ready In:
- Combine flour and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well. Dredge meat in flour on both sides.
- In a skillet, heat half the butter and half the olive oil together over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and saute. Add remaining oil and butter then add meat, cooking on both sides till browned.
- Stir in broth, scraping up any browned bits from the pan. Turn the heat down to a simmer, add thyme and Worcestershire sauce and ook for 15 minutes more, stirring occasionally. Add peas, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Serve over egg noodles.
If preparing for the freezer:
- Remove meat after step 2. Freeze.
- Complete step 3. Freeze.
- To reheat:.
- Place all ingredients in an oven safe pan. Heat at 350 until warm. Serve over egg noodles.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was actually a really nice change to our cube steak. I like to season my cube steak before I put flour on it. I just sprinkle flour and spread evenly on both sides instead of coating thickly. I used fresh cracked pepper and sea salt for my steaks. Used less onion (just 1/3 of one) and more chopped garlic . Next time, I will use more onion though. I could have used just a little more broth since I did have mine on low heat for a little longer than expected causing the broth to reduce. When I did add the broth, I removed the steaks and set aside for about 5 min. Allowing the peas and sauce to settle together. I placed the steaks right on top and covered. They were extremely tender, we were able to use butter knives to cut them. Thanks a bunch, will make again.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to cook healthy food for my family & especially enjoy making large quantity freezer meals for our meal swap! I also enjoy meal planning/cooking when we go on vacations. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">