1/2 Photos of Parmesan Chicken Tenders With Onion Dip
1 hr 15 mins
These are great to have while watching football. The preparation time for the onion dip is 15 minutes with a 30-minute cook time. The onion dip makes about 2 cups. You can prepare it ahead of time if you like and serve it at room temperature. The preparation time for the chicken tenders is 15 minutes prep time and 15 minutes cook time. I have combined these times for the preparation and cook time in the recipe. Of course, you can just make the chicken tenders without the dip.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Parmesan Chicken Tenders
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken tenders
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- unsalted butter
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1Combine the flour, salt, and pepper in a shallow bowl.
- 2Beat the eggs with 1 tablespoon of water in another shallow bowl.
- 3Combine the breadcrumbs and Parmesan in another shallow bowl.
- 4Dredge the chicken tenders on both sides in the flour mixture, then dip both sides into the egg mixture and roll in the bread-crumb mixture, pressing lightly to coat.
- 5Heat 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large sauté pan and cook the chicken tenders on medium-low heat for about 3 minutes on each side, until just cooked through.
- 6Don't crowd the pan.
- 7Add more butter and oil and cook the rest of the chicken tenders.
- 8You can keep the chicken tenders warm for about 15 minutes on a sheet pan in a preheated 200 degree oven.
- 9Serve with Onion Dip.
- 10Onion Dip directions:.
- 11Cut the onions in half and then slice them into 1/8-inch thick half-rounds. (you will have about 3 cups of onions.)
- 12Heat the butter and oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat.
- 13Add the onions, cayenne, Wyler's beef bouillon granules, and pepper and sauté for 10 minutes.
- 14Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 more minutes until the onions are browned and caramelized.
- 15Allow the onions to cool.
- 16Place the cream cheese, sour cream and mayonnaise in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and beat until smooth.
- 17Add the onions and mix well.
- 18Taste for seasonings.
- 19Serve at room temperature as a dip with the Parmesan Chicken Tenders.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Parmesan Chicken Tenders With Onion Dip
Serving Size: 1 (304 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 654.3
- Calories from Fat 321
- Total Fat 35.7 g
- Saturated Fat 14.3 g
- Cholesterol 192.0 mg
- Sodium 1139.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 40.8 g