Recipe by Lainey39
These are great to have while watching football. The preparation time for the onion dip is 15 minutes with a 30-minute cook time. The onion dip makes about 2 cups. You can prepare it ahead of time if you like and serve it at room temperature. The preparation time for the chicken tenders is 15 minutes prep time and 15 minutes cook time. I have combined these times for the preparation and cook time in the recipe. Of course, you can just make the chicken tenders without the dip.
Parmesan Chicken Tenders
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken tenders
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- unsalted butter
- extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large vidalia onions
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon wyler's beef bouillon granules
- fresh ground black pepper
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the flour, salt, and pepper in a shallow bowl.
- Beat the eggs with 1 tablespoon of water in another shallow bowl.
- Combine the breadcrumbs and Parmesan in another shallow bowl.
- Dredge the chicken tenders on both sides in the flour mixture, then dip both sides into the egg mixture and roll in the bread-crumb mixture, pressing lightly to coat.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large sauté pan and cook the chicken tenders on medium-low heat for about 3 minutes on each side, until just cooked through.
- Don't crowd the pan.
- Add more butter and oil and cook the rest of the chicken tenders.
- You can keep the chicken tenders warm for about 15 minutes on a sheet pan in a preheated 200 degree oven.
- Serve with Onion Dip.
- Onion Dip directions:.
- Cut the onions in half and then slice them into 1/8-inch thick half-rounds. (you will have about 3 cups of onions.)
- Heat the butter and oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add the onions, cayenne, Wyler's beef bouillon granules, and pepper and sauté for 10 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 more minutes until the onions are browned and caramelized.
- Allow the onions to cool.
- Place the cream cheese, sour cream and mayonnaise in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and beat until smooth.
- Add the onions and mix well.
- Taste for seasonings.
- Serve at room temperature as a dip with the Parmesan Chicken Tenders.