Lemon Chicken Skewers
photo by Kristine at Food.com
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, seeds removed and cut in 1-inch pieces
- In a bowl whisk together : olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper. Add the pieces of chicken and toss to coat well. Let marinade for 15 minutes. (You can prepare the pieces of chicken until that step and cover with plastic wrap. They’ll be good until 24 hours in the fridge).
- Prepare barbecue to medium-high heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade and put them on 8 metal skewers (or wood skewers but soaked in water), alternate with the pieces of green bell pepper. Put the skewers on a greased grill and cook 12 to 16 minutes or until the chicken is golden and is not pink inside. Turn the chicken skewers occasionnaly.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Ooops. I made this about a month ago and forgot to post it because I was hoping to get my new camera fixed and post the picture stuck on the camera with the review! Sorry, I still don't have the camera working but these were delicious and we really enjoyed them. I loved the lemon and garlic and also added mushrooms, zucchini and onions to my skewers. Thank you Boomie!
see 6 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p><strong><span>I'm the host of Bargain Basement tag game in the cooking game forum. You're welcome to play anytime. You'll be surprised to find great recipes that were never reviewed. <br /></span></strong></p> <p>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~</p> <p><strong><span>I want to say a big thank you to everyone who tries my recipes and post photos. I don't always have the time to say thanks to each of you but be sure it's so appreciated :)</span></strong></p> <p>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~</p> <p> </p> <p><img src=http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z205/jubespage/zwt6%20banners%20and%20photos/captain.jpg alt=width=150 height=200 /></p> <p><br /><img src=http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c175/emmyduckie/zwt/ZwizzleBadge.jpg alt=width=200 height=300 /><br /> <br /><a title=banner3 href=http://www.flickr.com/photos/26630178@N05/3510953178></a><img src=http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3387/3510953178_b35b3086a8.jpg alt=banner3 width=500 height=250 /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/captain.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/PAC08Main.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> By Brooke The Cook in WI <br /><img src=http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r317/j_welcome/pics2/food/PRMRcopy.jpg alt=/ /> <br /><a href=http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?p=3510511#3510511> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/200_PACpic.jpg border=0 alt=Photo /> <br /> <br /></a><a title=Photo href=http://www.flickr.com/photos/boomette1/514183676></a><img src=http://farm1.static.flickr.com/252/514183676_f79b486466_m.jpg alt=good width=240 height=137 /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/smPACp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo /></p> <p><img src=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v726/annacia/Permanent%20Banners/ZTAA-sm.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /></p> <p><img src=http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/carolinamoon21/Ingredients/BANNERS/Pets-STKR.jpg alt=width=200 height=200 /></p>