Crunchy Parmesan Chicken Tenders
A Giada de Laurentis recipe from the Food Network. Super fast and easy; a real kid pleaser! The dipping sauce is optional....
- Ready In:
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken tenders (about 18)
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄4 cups parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 3⁄4 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F.
- Brush 1 tablespoon of oil over each of 2 heavy large lined baking sheets. Place the buttermilk in a large bowl. Add the chicken tenders and stir to coat. Let stand at least 15 minutes and up to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mash the garlic with the salt in a medium bowl. Whisk in the vinegar and then the remaining 1/2 cup of oil. Season the vinaigrette, to taste, with pepper. Transfer the vinaigrette to a small serving bowl.
- Stir the Parmesan and bread crumbs in a pie dish. Remove the chicken tenders from the buttermilk and dredge them in the bread crumb mixture to coat completely, pressing to adhere. Arrange the coated chicken tenders on the prepared baking sheets, spacing evenly. Drizzle the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil over the chicken tenders and bake until they are cooked through and golden brown, about 14-18 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken tenders to a platter and serve the vinaigrette alongside for dipping.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
We make this quite often now when we have chicken breast, this is a very excellent recipe and yes we did see it on Food Network's website first. Dipping sauce with the chicken is very scrumptious, didn't think it would be but the balsamic vinegar and garlic go very well together. The nutritional values are skewed because you really don't eat all that oil (it makes more than enough dipping sauce) and you're not eating the buttermilk either.