Oatmeal-Crusted Chicken Tenders
photo by Den Y.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3⁄4 cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped (or 1/4 teaspoon dried)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 lb chicken breast tenders
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Place oats in a food processor, and process for 20 seconds or until coarsely ground. Add cheese, thyme, salt, and pepper. Pulse to combine, and place in a shallow bowl.
- Place each chicken breast tender between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; pound to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or small heavy skillet. Coat both sides of tenders with cooking spray; dredge tenders in oat mixture.
- Place tenders on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 450° for 15 minutes or until browned.
- Serve with dressings for dipping.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I really liked the concept of using the oatmeal and the baking, I did give them a light spray with cooking oil before putting the into a 200C fan forced oven but to get them to the browned stage took 25 minutes and they were dry and a little tough so would not to flatten out the tenders so they are plump and hopefully will brown up without going dry. Thank you Mikekey made for Aussie/Kiwi Recipe Swap #78 July 2013.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
WARNING: Make my recipes if you want, but I am no longer an active member and will not acknowledge reviews, photos or answer questions via z-mail. I find this site to be pretty useless without the forums. I can find recipes on a lot of different websites.