Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A work in progress
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half, reduced fat
- 1 cup cooked chicken, diced
- 6 -8 crepes
- 1⁄4 cup swiss cheese, grated
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- Blend in flour.
- Then add chicken broth and salt; stir and cook over moderate heat about 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in mushrooms, cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Mix egg yolk with cream.
- Stir small amount of hot mixture into egg yolk.
- Then stir egg mixture into saucepan.
- Cook over low heat for another minute.
- Stir in chicken.
- In a large shallow baking dish, fill crepes with chicken mixture, fold over.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake in a 350F oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
One of my favorite recipes from the Crepe Cookery cookbook. So happy to find it here! Very impressive when guests come to visit. The crepes and sauce can be made ahead of time, making the final step of putting them together and baking them a snap.