Chicken Florentine Crepe (Ihop's Copycat)
photo by Khmer G.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb chicken breast (boneless, skinless, cubed)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese (your preference, I prefer both!) or 4 ounces swiss cheese (your preference, I prefer both!)
- 10 ounces spinach (frozen or fresh, chopped, I prefer fresh)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- parmesan cheese (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Combine flour, milk, eggs, butter and salt in a bowl. beat until all the flour lumps are gone. the consistency will be like thin pancake batter. set aside.
- Sauté chicken and garlic on butter until golden brown.
- Pour in milk and cream of chicken. simmer. reduce to low to medium heat.
- After simmer, put the spinach and cheese inches keep stirring until the cheese completely melts. salt and pepper to taste. make sure the bottom wont stick. keep simmering until the sauce is reduced.
- While the chicken is simmering, start cooking the crepes. in a lightly greased skillet, pour about 3 tbsp of batter and spread it as thin as possible. do not flip. in about 1 minute, check the bottom side of the crepe if light brown. cook only one side of the crepe or else it will be crunchy.
- By the time you're done with the crepes, chicken should be done too. pour about 3/4 cup of chicken on each crepe on the center. wrap each side. top lightly with parmesan cheese.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
ok I've tried this recipe twice now. once with cream of mushroom soup and once with cream of chicken. I have to say I prefer the cream of mushroom better. one tip that I learned from the first time is to make all the crepes first putting them on a plate, then fill them and put them back in the pan to warm.
This is very close to the real thing! I went with half cheddar and half swiss but I think the real thing probably uses all swiss and I might do that next time as well. I added some sauteed mushrooms to it as well since I always wished there was a cross between these crepes and the garden crepes. One thing I did do differently however was to use my own crepe recipe I am used to. It's slightly different in measurements and from the looks of it is probably thinner. I also made a blender hollandaise sauce to go over top which was perfect.