1/2 Photos of Papa D's Pancit
Papa D 1946-2012's Note:
Traditional Filipino noodle dish. I came up with this blend of ingredients after looking through several Pancit recipes. I feel that boneless, skinless chicken thigh meat has more moisture and flavor. Submitted to www.recipezaar.com on January 12, 2010
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb sliced chicken meat (uncooked)
- 1 lb raw shrimp, peeled
- 1 stalk celery, 2 inch julienne cut
- 2 carrots, 2 inch julienne cut
- 1 medium white onion, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 10 ounces shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup shiitake mushroom (optional)
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) package rice noodles
- black pepper
- green onion (to garnish)
- 1Heat butter In a wok or large skillet over medium high heat and saute garlic and onion until translucent.
- 2Add chicken and shrimp until half cooked.
- 3Add all vegetables except cabbage and stir fry for about 2 minutes.
- 4Add black pepper.
- 5Add chicken broth, soy sauce, oyster sauce and bring to a boil.
- 6Add cabbage and noodles, mixing gently to prevent them from breaking.
- 7Simmer until liquid is absorbed and noodles are done, about 10 minutes.
- 8Serve with sliced green onions.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Papa D's Pancit
Serving Size: 1 (598 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 551.1
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 237.9 mg
- Sodium 2020.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 47.5 g